The Separation and Purification of Se-enriched Mycelium Polysaccharides of Catathelasma Ventricosum and Their Anti-hyperglycemic and Antioxidant Activity
- Yun-Tao Liu, Qian-Qian Tang, Yu-Xian You, Si-Qi Zeng, Yi-Wen Li, Di Chen, Ai-Ping Liu, Chao-Hui Feng, Zhao Su, Cheng Li, Dai-Wen Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Yun-Tao Liu
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.9How to use a DOI?
- Catathelasma Ventricosum, Se-enriched polysaccharides, Separation, Purification, Anti-hyperglycemic, Antioxidant activity.
- Selenium (Se) is an essential nutrient for humans as it plays an important role in anti-hyperglycemic and antioxidant activities. The objective of this work was to evaluate anti-hyperglycemic and antioxidant activities of Se-enriched mycelium polysaccharides. The Se-enriched mycelium polysaccharides were separated from aqueous extract, and then purified by DEAE-52 (obtained four components, the bioactivities of SPC-2 was highest among them) and Sephadex G-100 column, a component of polysaccharide (SPC-2s) was found to play a main role in anti-hyperglycemic and antioxidant activities (these bioactivities of SPC-2s were higher than positive control (CVP-1s) and contain organic selenium with41.77 g/g.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yun-Tao Liu AU - Qian-Qian Tang AU - Yu-Xian You AU - Si-Qi Zeng AU - Yi-Wen Li AU - Di Chen AU - Ai-Ping Liu AU - Chao-Hui Feng AU - Zhao Su AU - Cheng Li AU - Dai-Wen Chen PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - The Separation and Purification of Se-enriched Mycelium Polysaccharides of Catathelasma Ventricosum and Their Anti-hyperglycemic and Antioxidant Activity BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.9 ID - Liu2016/01 ER -