Synthesis of Novel pH-responsive PEGylated Zwitterionic Triblock Copolymer
- Hai-Liang Dong, Zhong-Li Niu, Xiao-Ting Zhang, Shu-Yu Zhu, Ying Yao, Ya Gao, Bin Sun, Mei-Fang Zhu, Xiao-Ze Jiang
- Corresponding Author
- Hai-Liang Dong
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.43How to use a DOI?
- Self-assembly, Triblock copolymer, pH-responsive, ATRP.
- Well-defined PEGylated zwitterionic triblock copolymer, poly(ethylene glycol)-b-poly¬¬¬¬(methacrylic acid)-b-poly(2-aminoethyl methacrylate) (PEG-b-PMAA-b -PAEMA), was prepar¬e¬d from poly(ethylene glycol)-b-poly(tert-butyl meth acrylate) -b-poly(N-(tert-butoxycarbonyl)¬¬¬¬ amino ethyl methacrylate)(PEG-b-PtBocMA-b-PtBoc AEMA) precursor synthesized via atom tra¬ns¬e¬r radical polymerization (ATRP) by successively polymerized tert-butyl methacrylate (tBocM¬A) and N-(tert-butoxy- carbonyl) amionethyl methacrylate (tBocAEMA) monomers using a PEG-bas¬e¬d macro- initiator followed by t-Boc group deprotection. The obtained triblock copolymer was conf¬ir¬med by proton nuclear magnetic response (1H NMR) and Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC). The resultant PEG-b-PMAA-b-PAEMA copolymer bearing a large number of amine moiet¬i¬es will have potential applications as anti-cancer drug or DNA carriers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hai-Liang Dong AU - Zhong-Li Niu AU - Xiao-Ting Zhang AU - Shu-Yu Zhu AU - Ying Yao AU - Ya Gao AU - Bin Sun AU - Mei-Fang Zhu AU - Xiao-Ze Jiang PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - Synthesis of Novel pH-responsive PEGylated Zwitterionic Triblock Copolymer BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.43 ID - Dong2016/01 ER -