The Synthesis of an Aqueous Film Forming Foam Concentration and the Drainage Characteristic of the Foam
- Wu Xiujuan, Li Changhai, Zhao Chuanwen, Sheng Youjie, Lu Shouxiang
- Corresponding Author
- Wu Xiujuan
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.5How to use a DOI?
- formulation; drain; firefighting foam; AFFF; foam mass
- Aqueous film forming foam (AFFF) is a very effective agent for firefighting hydrocarbon fuel fires. A study was conducted to develop a small-scale test for quantifying the drainage behavior of a synthesized AFFF formulation in accordance with the requirements of MIL-24385-F. The rate of drainage was measured to increase sharply to top firstly and then to decrease significantly. Furthermore, the results revealed that there was a critical moment when the drainage of solution slowed down suddenly, and when the most part of solution had drained from the foam.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wu Xiujuan AU - Li Changhai AU - Zhao Chuanwen AU - Sheng Youjie AU - Lu Shouxiang PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - The Synthesis of an Aqueous Film Forming Foam Concentration and the Drainage Characteristic of the Foam BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.5 ID - Xiujuan2015/08 ER -