Integration of Local Eco-innovation with Global Problems of Protection of the Natural Environment and Bio-based Green Economy
- W Dobrowolski Jan, Kobylarczyk Justyna, Tursunov Obid, Qi Toh Siew
- Corresponding Author
- W Dobrowolski Jan
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.7How to use a DOI?
- sustainability; laser biotechnology; biomass; bio-energy; pyrolysis; catalyst; training; urban design; ecohouses for the future.
- Sustainable society is connected with common action for better quality of the human environment and life, as well as comprehensive management of the natural resources. The paper highlights 45 years methodological experiences of problem solving training based on interdisciplinary case studies in different regions in a linkage with global environmental problems. Complimentary experiences are connected with 25 years activity of AGH Open University for all age groups. Common action has been connected with the promotion of eco-innovation useful for sustainable development such as laser biotechnology, improvement of bio-energy production from wastes and biomass, and sustainable design in housing architecture. Results of our long term experiences substantiate real prospective of improving the efficiency of wastewater treatment, reclamation of deteriorated areas, progress on energy plantations for the increase of biomass for bio-energy/bio-fuel production. Laser biotechnology is a new tool for better adaptation to climatic change. Renewable source of energy, innovative biotechnology including photobiology in a linkage with geo-engineering will be integrated to construct new generation of ecological houses.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - W Dobrowolski Jan AU - Kobylarczyk Justyna AU - Tursunov Obid AU - Qi Toh Siew PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Integration of Local Eco-innovation with Global Problems of Protection of the Natural Environment and Bio-based Green Economy BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.7 ID - Jan2015/08 ER -