Research about the Removal Effect of the Constructed Wetland System on the Escherichia Coli K12
- Zhang Lieyu, Ye Yu-Bing, Xi Beidou, Wang Lei, Liu Tian, Yu Pengfei, Lv Jingjing
- Corresponding Author
- Zhang Lieyu
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.16How to use a DOI?
- constructed wetland system (CWs); escherichiacoli; Inactivation ratio; HRT; Pollution load.
- This paper analyzed the related methodsto removethe biological indicatorEscherichia coli K12 (E. coli K12) in the constructed wetland system (CWs), which included filtration and absorption of filling, effect of the plant root system and microorganism phagocytosis and so on. It indicated that E. coli K12 was mainly removed through filtration and absorption of filling, about 80% was removed by this process. Plants and microorganisms alsocontributed to the removal of E. coli K12. The removal load of E. coli K12 increased with the addition ofpollution load. When hydraulic retention time (HRT) was 4d, there was a better linear relation (R2 = 0.9998) between the removal load of E. coli K12 and pollution load. Meanwhile, it had a close relation between inactivation ratio of E. coli K12 and hydraulic load, the lower hydraulic load was, the higher inactivation ratio was.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhang Lieyu AU - Ye Yu-Bing AU - Xi Beidou AU - Wang Lei AU - Liu Tian AU - Yu Pengfei AU - Lv Jingjing PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Research about the Removal Effect of the Constructed Wetland System on the Escherichia Coli K12 BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.16 ID - Lieyu2015/08 ER -