Effects of Land Use and Land Cover Change on Ecosystem Services in Ecological Preservation Development Districts of Beijing
- Liu Xiaona, Li Hong, Zhang Weiwei
- Corresponding Author
- Liu Xiaona
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.18How to use a DOI?
- land use and land cover change; ecosystem services; ecological preservation development district s (EPDD); Beijing.
- Assessment the relationship between land use and land cover change (LUCC) and ecosystem service function gradually become a hot topic in both ecology and ecological economics fields. Based on remote sensing data of Landsat TM in 2005 and Landsat OLI in 2013, the effects of LUCC on ecosystem services in ecological preservation development districts (EPDD) of Beijing were analyzed from spatial and temporal perspectives. The results showed that: (1) Regional structure of land use and land cover in EPDD was forest land-farmland-orchard land; Forest land was the major land cover type, while farmland and orchard land dominated land use. From 2005 to 2013, changes in land use and land cover accelerated, and land use intensity was enhanced gradually with the land use degree comprehensive index (La)varied from 229.67 to 233.09.The main characteristics of LUCC were farmland, grassland (decreasing) and construction land, forest land, water body, orchard land (increasing). (2) Between 2005 and 2013, ecosystem services value of EPDD showed a rising trend with the increments of 803.27×104 USD from 113535.19×104 USD to 114338.46×104 USD. Ecosystem services value of farmland, grassland, wetland and unused land decreased since 2005, while orchard land, forest land, water body increased. Service function value of food production, climate regulation and soil conservation decreased with climate regulation having the largest reduction; Service function value of raw materials production, gas regulation, hydrological regulation, waste treatment, biodiversity conservation and leisure entertainment increased, while hydrological regulation had the largest increment. Ecological environment and ecosystem service functions became more symphonious after EPDD foundation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Liu Xiaona AU - Li Hong AU - Zhang Weiwei PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Effects of Land Use and Land Cover Change on Ecosystem Services in Ecological Preservation Development Districts of Beijing BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.18 ID - Xiaona2015/08 ER -