Chemical Mutagenesis Breeding of Protoplast of Ammonia-oxidizing Bacteria
- Dong Yuwei, Miao Jingzhi, Tang Shirong, Chen Shanglong, Wu Yonghua
- Corresponding Author
- Dong Yuwei
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.22How to use a DOI?
- ammonia-oxidizing bacteria; protoplast; mutagenesis; lithium chloride; ethidium bromide.
- Strain with strong capacity of ammoxidation screened by repeated enrichment and separation methods from activated sludge which was collected from sewage treatment plant in China university of mining and technology. Lithium chloride and ethidium bromide mutagenesis methods of ammonia-oxidizing bacteria protoplast were used to breed mutant strain with strong capacity of ammoxidation. The relationship between concentrations of chemical mutagens and capacity of ammoxidation were researched. The results showed that regenerated colony number of protoplast decreased with increased lithium chloride or ethidium bromide mutagenic concentration. After culvation of 1L simulation sewage medium, the mutagenic strain LC002, mutated by 2.5 mg/mL lithium chloride, still had better capacity of ammoxidation with 86.89% removal rate of ammonia nitrogen. The mutagenic strain EB003, mutated by 2 g/mL ethidium bromide, also had better capacity of ammoxidation with 85.67% removal rate of ammonia nitrogen. Protoplast mutagenisis was an effective breeding method to breed excellent ammonia-oxidizing bacteria for further application.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dong Yuwei AU - Miao Jingzhi AU - Tang Shirong AU - Chen Shanglong AU - Wu Yonghua PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Chemical Mutagenesis Breeding of Protoplast of Ammonia-oxidizing Bacteria BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.22 ID - Yuwei2015/08 ER -