Effect of Gas Permeation Temperature on gamma-alumina Ceramic Membranes
- Nasir Kajama Mohammed, Claribelle Nwogu Ngozi, Gobina Edward
- Corresponding Author
- Nasir Kajama Mohammed
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.36How to use a DOI?
- ceramic membranes; gas permeance; permeation temperature; gas molecular weight.
- This paper examines gas permeation properties (feed pressure, temperature, molecular weight) using -alumina mesoporous ceramic membrane with 15 nm average pore size. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) of the membrane’s cross-sectional area was analyzed in this experiment. Single gas permeation of hydrogen, helium, methane, nitrogen, argon and carbon dioxide was determined at permeation temperature range of 25 0C - 450 0C and feed pressure range 0.05 to 10 bar. It was shown that the transport mechanism under these conditions is governed by a combination of viscous and Knudsen diffusion.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nasir Kajama Mohammed AU - Claribelle Nwogu Ngozi AU - Gobina Edward PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Effect of Gas Permeation Temperature on gamma-alumina Ceramic Membranes BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.36 ID - Mohammed2015/08 ER -