Modeling and Performance Analysis of Marine DTN Networks with Nodes-cluster in an Ad Hoc Sub-net
- Yao Shi, Hui Li, Wen-Cai Du, Ji-Xin Ma, Fa-Bin Li
- Corresponding Author
- Yao Shi
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.36How to use a DOI?
- delay tolerant network; Poisson distribution; mobile Ad hoc network; survival time; packet delivery ratio; transmission delay
- The marine communication environment is complex and changeable, and the sea wireless infrastructure is few. The delay tolerant network is proposed and applied in ocean environment. We use the ships to store, carry and forward the messages, so as to solve the problem that the communication links are broken frequently and the message cannot be transmitted due to the movement of the nodes. Under the environment of MATLAB, the random motion trajectory of a fishing vessel in the South China Sea is modeled and simulated. A mobile Ad hoc network is formed between ship and ship, and the base station of the land mobile communication network is connected with the marine radio transmitting point through optical fiber. Data is generated according to Poisson distribution in a heterogeneous network at sea and the data transmission uses the flooding mechanism. Taking into account the limited capacity of the wireless transmission point of the sea, we introduced a forwarding-time-limited mechanism. The performance of it is analyzed in the delayed network at sea, and the effects of the survival time, the number of fishing vessels and the coverage of the wireless network on data delivery are compared. The simulation results show that increasing the survival time of the data and the coverage of the wireless network can improve the data delivery ratio, reduce the network transmission delay, and improve the performance of the maritime wireless communication network.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yao Shi AU - Hui Li AU - Wen-Cai Du AU - Ji-Xin Ma AU - Fa-Bin Li PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Modeling and Performance Analysis of Marine DTN Networks with Nodes-cluster in an Ad Hoc Sub-net BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.36 ID - Shi2016/11 ER -