Design and Implementation of Image Retrieval System Based on Block Color Moments and GLCM
- Zhi-Hui Wang, Xiao-Li Ge, Wen-Bo Xu, Yue-Jiao Fan, Qi-La Sa, Jin-Lin Li
- Corresponding Author
- Zhi-Hui Wang
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.67How to use a DOI?
- image retrieval; color moments; edge detection; GLCM(gray level co-occurrence matrix)
- In this paper, aiming to overcome the shortcoming of global color histogram which lack of color spatial distribution information, block color moment is used to describe the color feature. In order to extract the texture feature, Canny operator for edge detection is applied firstly, and then the gray level co-occurrence matrix of the edge image is constructed. The results prove that comprehensive of color and texture in image retrieval method overcomes the limitations of using a single, at the same time it improves the retrieval accuracy and speed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhi-Hui Wang AU - Xiao-Li Ge AU - Wen-Bo Xu AU - Yue-Jiao Fan AU - Qi-La Sa AU - Jin-Lin Li PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Design and Implementation of Image Retrieval System Based on Block Color Moments and GLCM BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.67 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.67 ID - Wang2016/11 ER -