An Efficient Algorithm of Convex Hull for Very Large Planar Point Set
- Guangquan Fan, Liping Ma, Bingru Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Guangquan Fan
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.10How to use a DOI?
- fast rampart searching algorithm; castle theorem; convex hull; computational geometry
- In the paper, we present and prove Castle Theorem of Convex Hull, design and realize the Fast Rampart Searching Algorithm. The algorithm can be treated as the preprocess of Convex Hull calculation of very large planar point set. When calculating the Convex Hull of a very large planar point set, we can use the Fast Rampart Searching Algorithm to get a very small part points as candidate point set, and then we can get the Convex Hull of the whole planar point set from the candidate point set through other algorithms.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guangquan Fan AU - Liping Ma AU - Bingru Yang PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - An Efficient Algorithm of Convex Hull for Very Large Planar Point Set BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.10 ID - Fan2013/07 ER -