Service Oriented Cost AccountingUtilization-based Accounting and Charging of IT Service Costs
- Christopher Schwarz, S. Schmidt, A. Sellner, E. Zinser
- Corresponding Author
- Christopher Schwarz
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.11How to use a DOI?
- component; Information Technology Outsourcing; Service Oriented Cost Accounting; IT Service Catalogue Management; Capacity Management
- Due to the immanent complexity of Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) partnerships and their underlying service technology, a sustainable management proofs to be highly challenging and inefficient. Being confronted with multidimensional business relations and complex services meshes, the accounting and charging of service costs can be opaque and therefore incalculable. In this paper we propose a novel approach for service-oriented utilization-based cost accounting and cost charging. The presented model is based on a self-developed semantic service catalogue following the IT Service Management principles of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). The derived results eventually enable IT service providers to offer highly innovative services with operational expertise and a contracted level of service quality at a predictable cost level. The illustrated “Proof-of-Concept” gives evidence of the practical relevance in service-oriented scenarios as well as the high flexibility and adaptability of the presented cost model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Christopher Schwarz AU - S. Schmidt AU - A. Sellner AU - E. Zinser PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - Service Oriented Cost AccountingUtilization-based Accounting and Charging of IT Service Costs BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.11 ID - Schwarz2013/07 ER -