Test and Computer Modeling of Steel Braces for Earthquake-Resistant Structures: Dual-Core Self-Centering Brace and Sandwiched Buckling-Restrained Brace
- Chung-Che Chou, Ying-Chuan Chen, Sheng-Yang Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Chung-Che Chou
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.13How to use a DOI?
- computer modeling; dual-core SCB; sandwiched BRB
- This work presents mechanics, tests, and finite element modeling results of a proposed steel dual-core self-centering brace (SCB) and a sandwiched buckling-restrained brace (BRB) for earthquake-resistant structures. The mechanics and cyclic behavior of these two braces are first explained, followed by testing of dual-core SCBs and BRBs to evaluate their cyclic performances. Finite element modeling analysis is then performed on the specimens to further verify the capability of the computer modeling for the mechanics and hysteretic responses of specimens observed in tests.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chung-Che Chou AU - Ying-Chuan Chen AU - Sheng-Yang Chen PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - Test and Computer Modeling of Steel Braces for Earthquake-Resistant Structures: Dual-Core Self-Centering Brace and Sandwiched Buckling-Restrained Brace BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.13 ID - Chou2013/07 ER -