An Efficient Biogeography Based Face Recognition Algorithm
- Daya Gupta, Lavika Goel, Abhishek Abhishek
- Corresponding Author
- Daya Gupta
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.16How to use a DOI?
- Face Recognition, Biogeography Based Optimization, PCA, Gabor Filter
- Extracting the optimal features from images is always required in face recognition algorithm to achieve high accuracy. In this paper we have presented an efficient face recognition algorithm based on Biogeography Based Optimization (BBO). First we extract the features using the principal Component Analysis (PCA) after applying gabor filters and then we apply BBO to get the most desirable features. The proposed biogeography based face recognition algorithm is applied to search the most desirable features based on well defined fitness function. Performance analysis is performed using Olivetti Research Laboratory (ORL) face database. Performance results show that biogeography based face recognition algorithm generates better results than the original PCA technique with gabor filters.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Daya Gupta AU - Lavika Goel AU - Abhishek Abhishek PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - An Efficient Biogeography Based Face Recognition Algorithm BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.16 ID - Gupta2013/07 ER -