Cbufferless: A Novel Congestion Control for Bufferless Networks On-Chip
- Jili Yan, Xiaola Lin, Guoming Lai
- Corresponding Author
- Jili Yan
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.36How to use a DOI?
- network-on-chip; bufferless NoC; congestion control; source-throttling
- In this paper, we propose a novel distributed source-throttling congestion control mechanism for bufferless NoC, called Cbufferless. Our strategy uses a novel congestion detection and control model, computing deflection rate of routing flit and throttling message injection. The congestion information can be directly obtained inside network interface (NI), which allows the mechanism to be fully distributed without requiring any transmission of global congestion information among neighbor routers and within router. Simulation results show that the proposed mechanism improves system throughput by up to ~30%, saves energy consumption by up to ~40% and keeps low message latency under congested load compared with a baseline bufferless NoC.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jili Yan AU - Xiaola Lin AU - Guoming Lai PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - Cbufferless: A Novel Congestion Control for Bufferless Networks On-Chip BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.36 ID - Yan2013/07 ER -