Proceedings of the 1st Economics and Business International Conference 2017 (EBIC 2017)

The Adversity Quotient (Control, Origin & Ownership, Reach, and Endurance) and its Relationship Toward Entrepreneurial Intention: A Study on Student in Faculty of Economics & Business Universitas Sumatera Utara

Authors
Bongsu Hutagalung, Yasmin Chairunisa Muchtar, Muhammad Irsyad Tamimi, Ami Dilham, Arif Qaedi Hutagalung
Corresponding Author
Bongsu Hutagalung
Available Online January 2018.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/ebic-17.2018.63How to use a DOI?
Keywords
adversity quotient, control, origin & ownership, reach, endurance, entrepreneurial intention
Abstract

This study aimed to analyze the effect of control, origin & ownership, reach, and endurance on the entrepreneurial intention. The population and sample in this study were students in The Faculty of Economics and Business University of North Sumatera batch 2013 and 2014 majoring in entrepreneurship up to 90 respondents. Data is analyzed by multiple linear regression analysis. Results showed that partially control and endurance have significant influence on entrepreneurial intention. Meanwhile, origin & ownership as well as reach variable have insignificant effect on entrepreneurial intention. However control, origin & ownership, reach, and endurance simultaneously have significant effect on entrepreneurial intention. The coefficient of determination is 0.304. It means that adversity quotient contributed 30.4% in explaining the entrepreneurial intention on students in The Faculty of Economics and Business University of North Sumatera, while the rest 69.6% is explained by others.

Copyright
© 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the 1st Economics and Business International Conference 2017 (EBIC 2017)
Series
Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research
Publication Date
January 2018
ISBN
978-94-6252-470-5
ISSN
2352-5428
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/ebic-17.2018.63How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Bongsu Hutagalung
AU  - Yasmin Chairunisa Muchtar
AU  - Muhammad Irsyad Tamimi
AU  - Ami Dilham
AU  - Arif Qaedi Hutagalung
PY  - 2018/01
DA  - 2018/01
TI  - The Adversity Quotient (Control, Origin & Ownership, Reach, and Endurance) and its Relationship Toward Entrepreneurial Intention: A Study on Student in Faculty of Economics & Business Universitas Sumatera Utara
BT  - Proceedings of the 1st Economics and Business International Conference 2017 (EBIC 2017)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 409
EP  - 413
SN  - 2352-5428
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/ebic-17.2018.63
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/ebic-17.2018.63
ID  - Hutagalung2018/01
ER  -