Colored Pencil Drawing Method Based on HSV Color Space
- Feiyue Chen, Congli Lu, Jingang Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Feiyue Chen
Available Online April 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.41How to use a DOI?
- Linear integral convolution (LIC); LAB space color differentiation image; Arctangent hue differentiation model (arctan); HSV color space
- In this paper, we propose a new colored pencil drawing generation framework which aims at simulating pencil drawing by computer at this stage. It can generate a colored pencil drawing from a 2D image automatically. The framwork is built based on a generation of gray pencil drawing. Firstly, in order to draw lifelike grayscale texture we put forward an adaptive hue differentiation model to match different image automatically according to the gray histogram statistics for achieving a dark, grey and bright layered effect. Secondly, in order to generate color texture we assign grayscale texture value to channel V in HSV color space. After that we get the final result by assigning grayscale texture value to channel S according to the value of channel V. Thirdly, for the first time we replace part of texture image with part of LAB space aberration image in order to get outer contour. From the final effect, our algorithm have three advantages over other algorithms, one is a better dark, grey and bright hue differentiation effect and a better contrast, the second point is that the outer contour is more coherent and clear. Thirdly, the hue change of colored texture is grey, color and white, which includes both light and shade contrast and color change. Such colored texture is closer to a real aesthetic feeling.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feiyue Chen AU - Congli Lu AU - Jingang Liu PY - 2016/04 DA - 2016/04 TI - Colored Pencil Drawing Method Based on HSV Color Space BT - 6th International Conference on Electronic, Mechanical, Information and Management Society PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.41 ID - Chen2016/04 ER -