Research on the Relationship between Executive Compensation and Corporate Performance
- Fangna Peng, Mengnong Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Fangna Peng
Available Online August 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-18.2018.18How to use a DOI?
- Executive compensation; Monetary compensation; Shareholding ratio; Corporate performance
- The paper takes a sample of A-share listed companies from 2013 to 2017 in China,and examines the effect of executive compensation on corporate performance from the perspective of Executive's monetary compensation and shareholding ratio.The results show that: Chinese listed company executives' monetary compensation, shareholding ratio and corporate performance are positively correlated, that is, the higher the company’s executive monetary compensation, the better corporate performance;the higher the company's executive ratio, the better corporate performance, which shows that salary incentives have played a proper governance role in China, and the paper also proposes policy suggestions on how to improve executive compensation and promote the improvement of corporate performance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fangna Peng AU - Mengnong Zhou PY - 2018/08 DA - 2018/08 TI - Research on the Relationship between Executive Compensation and Corporate Performance BT - 8th International Conference on Education, Management, Information and Management Society (EMIM 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-18.2018.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-18.2018.18 ID - Peng2018/08 ER -