We are very pleased to introduce the proceedings of the 1st Educational Science International Conference (ESIC 2018). The Educational Science International Conference (ESIC-2018), organized by the faculty of Education, was held on 25–26 September 2018 in Samarinda, Indonesia. The first ESIC 2018, which sets a theme of the “21st Century Educational Sciences, Issues on Challenges Towards Industrial Revolution 4.0” is a combined and an interdisciplinary conference for the presentation of new advances and research in the fields of sciences, educational studies of science, social, cultural studies, humanities and applied linguistics. The conference brought together leading academics, researchers, scholars, practitioners in the areas of interest from around the world.
At ESIC-2018, 272 registered abstracts and about 110 applicants attended and presented on the conference, 5 invited talks, and 32 full papers were recommended to publish. The topics that are covered in the conference include the specific interest areas of Educational sciences, curriculum innovation and implementation, Technology Innovation in Education, Evaluation and Assessment in Education, and others.
The published papers have passed the process of improvement accommodating the discussion during the conference as well as the reviewers’ comments who have guided any necessary improvement. Finally, we would like to thank
1. To all the reviewers for their time and effort in reviewing the documents.
2. To all of the proceeding team who have dedicated their constant support and countless time to bring these articles/papers into a book.
3. To a main conference sponsor, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education of the University of Mulawarman for their financial support.
4. To Atlantis Press and to the Associate Editors, Drs. Karssen, Debora Woinke and Willie van Berkum for their tremendous efforts.
5. To the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) that have managed everything smoothly starting from the oral presentation and poster sessions to the post conference activities.
At the end of this preface, I would like to announce that the Local Organizing Committee has selected Dr. Didimus Tanah Boleng, M.Si as the next conference chair, 2nd ESIC 2019. I hope old participants and newcomers join with him in and fill the history with the continuing success of this conference series.
The Organizing Commmittee of ESIC 2018