Context-aware Spatial Decision Support Systems (CA-SDSS): Articulating Decision Support Systems, Business Intelligence and Recommender Systems considering the geospatial component
- Tatiana Delgado, Guillermo González, Giosvany Miranda, David G. Navarro, Ariel Graverán
- Corresponding Author
- Tatiana Delgado
Available Online October 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/.2013.44How to use a DOI?
- (Spatial) Decision Support Systems, (Geospa-tial) Business Intelligence, Context-aware Recommender Systems
- Underpinned by the vertiginous progress of Informatics and Communication Technologies, new evolutions of de-cision technologies are coming with the consequent bene-fit for decision makers and users in general. The integra-tion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and De-cision Support Systems (DSS) attracted significant atten-tion during the latest decades. Spatial DSS, Spatial Online Analytic Processing (SOLAP), Location Intelligence and Mobile GIS are illustrative examples. As foundational concepts of the approach discussed in this paper some dif-ferences and similarities among Decision Support Sys-tems, Business Intelligence and Recommender Systems are revealed. To complement this conceptualizing the evolution of these decision systems within the framework of geospatial ones are also exposed. By integrating con-cepts from Spatial Decision Support Systems, Location-based Services and Recommender Systems, a new gener-alized conceptual model of Context-aware Spatial Deci-sion Support Systems (CA-SDSS) is provided.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tatiana Delgado AU - Guillermo González AU - Giosvany Miranda AU - David G. Navarro AU - Ariel Graverán PY - 2013/10 DA - 2013/10 TI - Context-aware Spatial Decision Support Systems (CA-SDSS): Articulating Decision Support Systems, Business Intelligence and Recommender Systems considering the geospatial component BT - Fourth International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Management and Decision Support PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/.2013.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/.2013.44 ID - Delgado2013/10 ER -