Intelligent Control of an Inverted Pendulum by Self-Tunable Fuzzy PI-type Controller
- Djamel Eddine Chaouch, Hichem Maaref
- Corresponding Author
- Djamel Eddine Chaouch
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.3How to use a DOI?
- Self-tuning fuzzy inference system, Adaptive neuro-fuzzy control, Inverted pendulum.
- line Self-tunable PI-type fuzzy inference system with application of control approach to nonlinear system. In this paper, we describe a neuro-fuzzy controller as a STFIS (Self Tuning Fuzzy Inference System) optimized online using the rules of Takagi-Sugeno type, and a back propagation learning algorithm which is used to minimize a cost function that is made up of a quadratic error term and a weight decay term that prevents an excessive growth of parameters. Then STFIS PI-type controller is synthesized. The application is done on a system of inverted pendulum to follow a predefined reference trajectory in the presences of disturbance. Some simulations with robustness tests are performed, which demonstrates the feasibility of the proposed control strategy. Results of simulations containing tests of robustness are presented and realized in MATLAB environment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Djamel Eddine Chaouch AU - Hichem Maaref PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Intelligent Control of an Inverted Pendulum by Self-Tunable Fuzzy PI-type Controller BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 728 EP - 733 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.3 ID - Chaouch2011/08 ER -