Fuzzy Inference System based Contrast Enhancement
- Balasubramaniam Jayaram, Kakarla Narayana, V. Vetrivel
- Corresponding Author
- Balasubramaniam Jayaram
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.13How to use a DOI?
- Image Enhancement, Contrast Stretching, Fuzzy Inference Systems, Fuzzy Partition, Histogram Equalisation, Histogram Matching, Gray level transformations.
- In this work, we propose a fuzzy inference system based contrast enhancement of gray level images. We propose a new method of generating the fuzzy if-then rules specific to a given image based on the local information available to be used by a fuzzy inference system. To this end, we only generate a partial histogram and not a complete histogram thus saving on computational costs. We also give a compartive study of our approach and some classical and existing fuzzy techniques, and show that the enhanced images from the proposed algorithm are comparable.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Balasubramaniam Jayaram AU - Kakarla Narayana AU - V. Vetrivel PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Fuzzy Inference System based Contrast Enhancement BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 311 EP - 318 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.13 ID - Jayaram2011/08 ER -