Towards an objective edge detection algorithm
- Manuel González-Hidalgo, Sebastià Massanet
- Corresponding Author
- Manuel González-Hidalgo
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.71How to use a DOI?
- Edge detection, discrete t-norm, mathematical morphology, thresholding method, thinning method.
- In this paper a comparative analysis of different techniques in order to transform a gray-scale edge image to a thin binary edge image is performed. Several thresholding methods and thinning methods are compared. The comparison is made according to some performance measures, such as Pratt's figure of merit, Baddeley's measure and the -coefficient. This study is an essential intermediate step to obtain an objective edge detection algorithm based on discrete t-norms. This fuzzy morphological algorithm has already shown notable potential in relation with the results obtained from nilpotent tnorms, umbra approach and classical edge detectors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Manuel González-Hidalgo AU - Sebastià Massanet PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Towards an objective edge detection algorithm BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 319 EP - 326 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.71 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.71 ID - González-Hidalgo2011/08 ER -