Generation of fuzzy edge images using trapezoidal membership functions
- Carlos Lopez-Molina, Humberto Bustince, Javier Fernandez, Bernard De Baets
- Corresponding Author
- Carlos Lopez-Molina
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.73How to use a DOI?
- Image processing, Edge detection, Fuzzy edges, Membership functions
- The fuzzy representation of the edges has been widely studied in different works. Generally, for each pixel, the authors use membership degrees linearly proportional to the magnitude of the gradient at that position of the image. This would be equivalent to using a triangular membership functions on the gradient magnitude. In this work we study the use of parametric functions in the transformation of the gradient images into fuzzy sets. The results obtained with different parametrical functions are studied using Baddeley's Delta Metric.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Carlos Lopez-Molina AU - Humberto Bustince AU - Javier Fernandez AU - Bernard De Baets PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Generation of fuzzy edge images using trapezoidal membership functions BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 327 EP - 333 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.73 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.73 ID - Lopez-Molina2011/08 ER -