Computational Models of Affect and Fuzzy Logic
- Albert Van Der Heide, Daniel Sánchez, Gracian Trivino
- Corresponding Author
- Albert Van Der Heide
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.45How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy Logic, Affective Computing, Emotion
- In light of recent research and empirical findings a new view on emotion and affect has surfaced. Within this view `feeling' (core affect) is separated from Ã‹motion' (psychological construction). This model appears to be a good candidate for a computation model of affect and emotion. We argue that fuzzy logic is the perfect tool for its implementation, for the modeling of core affect dynamics, the linguistic description of emotions, the description of a cognitive rule base, as well as the mapping between the core affect level and the cognitive level.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Albert Van Der Heide AU - Daniel Sánchez AU - Gracian Trivino PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Computational Models of Affect and Fuzzy Logic BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 620 EP - 627 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.45 ID - VanDerHeide2011/08 ER -