Multi-criteria Group Decision Supplier Selection Problem using Fuzzy TOPSIS Based Approch
- Akram Zuoggari, Lyes Benyoucef
- Corresponding Author
- Akram Zuoggari
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.139How to use a DOI?
- Supplier selection, fuzzy AHP, fuzzy TOPSIS, knowledge, multi-criteria, group decision.
- This paper presents a new decision making approach for group multi-criteria supplier selection problem, which clubs supplier selection process with order allocation for dynamic supply chains to cope market variations. More specifically, the developed approach imitates the knowledge acquisition and manipulation in a manner similar to the decision makers who have gathered considerable knowledge and expertise in procurement domain. Fuzzy-AHP method is used first for supplier selection through four classes (CLASS I: Performance strategy, CLASS II: Quality of service, CLASS III: Innovation and CLASS IV: Risk), which are qualitatively meaningful. Thereafter, using simulation based fuzzy TOPSIS method, the criteria application is quantitatively evaluated for order allocation among the selected suppliers. As a result, the approach generates decision-making knowledge, and thereafter, the developed combination of rules for order allocation can easily be interpreted, adopted and at the same time if necessary, modified by decision makers. To demonstrate the applicability of the proposed approach, an illustrative example is presented and the results analyzed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Akram Zuoggari AU - Lyes Benyoucef PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Multi-criteria Group Decision Supplier Selection Problem using Fuzzy TOPSIS Based Approch BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 628 EP - 635 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.139 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.139 ID - Zuoggari2011/08 ER -