Fuzzy logics with truth hedges revisited
- Francesc Esteva, Lluís Godo, Carles Noguera
- Corresponding Author
- Francesc Esteva
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.54How to use a DOI?
- Truth hedges, Mathematical Fuzzy Logic, Standard completeness, T-norm based logics.
- In this paper we build upon previous works of Hájek and Vychodil on the axiomatization of truthstressing and depressing hedges as expansions of BL logic by new unary connectives. They show that their logics are chain-complete, but standard completeness is only proved for the expansions over Gödel logic. We propose weaker axiomatizations that have as main advantages the preservation of standard completeness properties of the original logic and the fact that any subdiagonal (resp. superdiagonal) non-decreasing function on [0, 1] preserving 0 and 1 is a sound interpretation of the truth stresser (resp. depresser) connectives.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Francesc Esteva AU - Lluís Godo AU - Carles Noguera PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Fuzzy logics with truth hedges revisited BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 146 EP - 152 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.54 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.54 ID - Esteva2011/08 ER -