Ranking of fuzzy numbers based on alpha-distance
- Saeid Khezerloo, Tofigh Allahviranloo, Masoume Khezerloo
- Corresponding Author
- Saeid Khezerloo
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.95How to use a DOI?
- Metric Distance; Fuzzy Numbers; Ranking.
- This paper presents a new approach to compare fuzzy numbers using -distance. Initially, the metric distance on the interval numbers based on the convex hull of the endpoints is proposed and it is extended to fuzzy numbers. All the properties of the -distance are proved in details. Finally, the ranking of fuzzy numbers by the -distance is discussed. In addition, the proposed method is compared with some known ones, the validity of the new method is illustrated by applying its to several group of fuzzy numbers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Saeid Khezerloo AU - Tofigh Allahviranloo AU - Masoume Khezerloo PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Ranking of fuzzy numbers based on alpha-distance BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 770 EP - 777 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.95 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.95 ID - Khezerloo2011/08 ER -