Combination of interval analysis and PSO for optimization
- Clément Solau, Bruno Marhic, Arnaud Delahoche, Claude Clérentin, Anne-Marie Joly-Desodt, David Menga
- Corresponding Author
- Clément Solau
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.102How to use a DOI?
- Constrained optimization, interval analysis, particle swarm optimization.
- In this paper, a constrained optimization method for various functions such as non differentiable ones based on interval analysis is proposed. The process can be broken down into two distinct parts: the first one that approximates the space satisfying the constraints and the second one that is exclusively in charge of optimizing a given function. The first phase relies on successive bisections of the initial space while discarding the boxes that cannot verify the constraints. The last part of the algorithm is in charge of the unconstrained optimization using a Particle Swarm Optimization algorithm (commonly known as PSO).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Clément Solau AU - Bruno Marhic AU - Arnaud Delahoche AU - Claude Clérentin AU - Anne-Marie Joly-Desodt AU - David Menga PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Combination of interval analysis and PSO for optimization BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 978 EP - 985 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.102 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.102 ID - Solau2011/08 ER -