The Uncertain Generalized Probabilistic Weighted Average and its Application in the Theory of Expertons
- José M. Merigó, Montserrat Casanovas
- Corresponding Author
- José M. Merigó
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.152How to use a DOI?
- Theory of expertons; Probabilistic weighted average; Interval numbers; Decision making
- We introduce the uncertain generalized probabilistic weighted averaging (UGPWA) operator. It is an aggregation operator that unifies the probability and the weighted average in the same formulation considering the degree of importance that each concept has in the aggregation. Moreover, it is able to assess uncertain environments that can not be assessed with exact numbers but it is possible to use interval numbers. Thus, we can analyze imprecise information considering the minimum and the maximum result that may occur. We analyze the applicability of this new approach in a multiperson decision making problem by using the theory of expertons.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - José M. Merigó AU - Montserrat Casanovas PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - The Uncertain Generalized Probabilistic Weighted Average and its Application in the Theory of Expertons BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 852 EP - 859 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.152 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.152 ID - Merigó2011/08 ER -