Mobile Phone User Identification with Fuzzy Fingerprints
- Nuno Homem, Joao Paulo Carvalho
- Corresponding Author
- Nuno Homem
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.153How to use a DOI?
- component, fuzzy fingerprints, vector valued fuzzy sets, similarity, frequent elements, approximate algorithms, data streams.
- Fingerprint identification is a well-known technique in forensic sciences. The basic idea of identifying a subject based on a set of features left by the subject actions or behavior can be applied to other domains. Identifying a mobile phone user based on a user fingerprint is one such application. This paper considers the problem of extracting fingerprints from call usage logs and matching them with those obtained from a set of known users. It presents an innovative fuzzy fingerprint algorithm based on vector valued fuzzy sets. Call destination numbers are used as base features to create the fingerprint. The assumption is that numbers called by each user remain approximately stable and are distinctive. The paper presents the proposed algorithm and shows some experimental results that validate the approach. The use of fast and compact algorithms is critical due to the possible huge number of users, and allows this method to be used on near real time.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nuno Homem AU - Joao Paulo Carvalho PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Mobile Phone User Identification with Fuzzy Fingerprints BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 860 EP - 867 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.153 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.153 ID - Homem2011/08 ER -