Overall Equipment Effectiveness Improvement with Total Productive Maintenance Method
- Claudia Febianny Susilo, Aditya Andika
- Corresponding Author
- Claudia Febianny Susilo
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.37How to use a DOI?
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Total Productive Maintenance, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, pharmaceutical, packaging
- This paper discusses the results of a research conducted on the production process of a pharmaceutical product. The product is made by an Indonesian Pharmaceutical company. At the production process, there is a process that is considered not optimal and requires improvement. The process is the packaging processes. The optimization of the packaging process is done by analyzing and proposing the enhancement of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) value of packaging machine based on Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) method. Based on the analysis, the OEE factor that should be improved is the availability rate. Besides having a low availability rate, the production process of the product frequently did not reach the theoretical targets and there are failures in the packaging materials. Therefore, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) is used as a method to analyze the reject that happens in the packaging processes. In addition, this paper will also use Fishbone Diagram to analyze the causes of the frequent occurrence of the stop line on the production process. Discussions about TPM will be prioritized on several main pillars associated with the aim of improving the OEE.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Claudia Febianny Susilo AU - Aditya Andika PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Overall Equipment Effectiveness Improvement with Total Productive Maintenance Method BT - 2016 Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.37 ID - FebiannySusilo2016/08 ER -