An Examination of Organizational Determinants Influencing Green Production Adoption by SMEs in Malaysia
- Mohd Firdaus Ruslan, Marlina Muhamad, Mohd Fazil Jamaludin
- Corresponding Author
- Mohd Firdaus Ruslan
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.45How to use a DOI?
- Green Production; SMEs; Organizational Factor
- Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) is an important economic entity in most country including Malaysia. Statistic from SME Corporation Malaysia shows that currently, there are 645, 136 SMEs and they contribute 32.7% of Malaysia's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the forecast will be 41% by 2020. Statistics also have indicated that a large portion of the country's environmental problems are associated with the activities of SMEs and it is also believed that SMEs are primary source of environmental problems. Therefore, the participation of SMEs in adopting environmental friendly innovations is crucial in the effort to reduce environmental problems. Past literature have shown that technological determinants have established a stable influence in adoption of environmental innovations researches. However, past researchers have ignored the influence of organizational determinants in influencing adoption of environmental innovations. Thus, this study investigated the organizational determinants such as top management support and quality of human resources in influencing Malaysian SMEs to adopt one of the environmental innovations which is green productions. Data for this study were collected through questionnaire and analyzed by using SPSS. All organizational determinants for this study showed a significant influence on green production adoption. Since this study can be considered as one of the first attempts to empirically investigate organizational factors of green production adoption, the result helped scholars, government and government agencies to understand SMEs' behavior related to green production.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mohd Firdaus Ruslan AU - Marlina Muhamad AU - Mohd Fazil Jamaludin PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - An Examination of Organizational Determinants Influencing Green Production Adoption by SMEs in Malaysia BT - 2016 Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.45 ID - FirdausRuslan2016/08 ER -