The Analysis of Quality Control in Garment Company Using Statistic in Controling Product
- N. Mayang, T.A. Koeswandi, S. Yulianti
- Corresponding Author
- N. Mayang
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.47How to use a DOI?
- quality control, statistical tools, Tree diagram.
- Garment Company is a company engaged in the manufacture of garments such as pants, t-shirts, shirts and others. In order to maintain consumer confidence to produce a quality product, the company used a sampling technique with International standards by suppressing high defect products. In fact, the average defect rate of convection in various company products was about 29-32% in the period of September 2014. This study aimed to determine the implementation of quality control by using statistical tools which can be useful to control the level of disability products in the company, know the type of disability dominant, and provide solutions for problems facing by the company. This study used descriptive method. Analysis of the quality control was used by using statistical tools such as Pareto diagrams, maps u control, causal diagram and the tree diagram. The result of Pareto analysis diagram showed that major types of rejected products were defect clothes (31.53%), broken (28.40%), and disability accessories (20.98%), however the dominant type of defect was the defect of fabric. Based on the analysis of the control u map, it showed that there were still samples outside the control limits; they were sample on 22nd and 28th. From the analysis of causal diagram, it can be concluded that disability products were derived from working methods, human/labor, materials/raw materials, and machinery. To add, the visible raw materials became the main factor causing the fabric defect.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - N. Mayang AU - T.A. Koeswandi AU - S. Yulianti PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - The Analysis of Quality Control in Garment Company Using Statistic in Controling Product BT - 2016 Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.47 ID - Mayang2016/08 ER -