SUSTAINABLE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION TO MODERN RAILWAY SERVICES
- Indriyati Indriyati, Sarinah Sihombing, Otong Sunaryo, Nita Rosmala Dewi
- Corresponding Author
- Indriyati Indriyati
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.19How to use a DOI?
- information technology, innovation, modern service
- PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) has been continuously transforming its services in the past eight years. Since 2009, PT KAI has improved its quality and service to rail transport users. PT KAI has been modernizing the bidding system, making KAI Access applications, rejuvenating facilities, improving infrastructure and service facilities throughout the station, to establish Contact Center 121 service. PT KAI also made several innovations in order to provide the best service, such as making Rail Clinic, e-boarding pass, ticket vending machine, cashless transaction. The transformation led PT KAI to produce good results. Over the past five years, passenger volume growth increased on average by 13.2% and revenue growth by 19%. In 2017, PT KAI is expected to carry up to 374 million passengers. Transformation in information system and technology used by PT KAI has shown profit nowadays. Descriptive exploratory analysis method was used to answer the problems among what had been done by PT KAI in doing the transformation in it.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Indriyati Indriyati AU - Sarinah Sihombing AU - Otong Sunaryo AU - Nita Rosmala Dewi PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - SUSTAINABLE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION TO MODERN RAILWAY SERVICES BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.19 ID - Indriyati2017/11 ER -