MODEL OF TRANSPORTATION MODE SELECTION BETWEEN PRIVATE VEHICLE AND SERPONG-TANAHABANG COMMUTER LINE
- A.Y Nurhidayat, H Widyastuti, Sucipto Sucipto, D.P Utomo
- Corresponding Author
- A.Y Nurhidayat
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.21How to use a DOI?
- demand, public transportation, mode choice, commuter line, revealed preference
- Transportation demand from Bodetabek to Jakarta during the period of 2002 up to 2010 has increased by ñ 20% per year. While the growth of the road network in the same period only grew 0.01% per year. This condition is so unbalanced that the efficiency of road space usage must be done, one of which is by increasing the role of public transportation especially by promoting the use of mass transportation based on rail road as the mode choice in doing daily trip. This research was conducted to analyze the model of transportation mode selection between private vehicle and Serpong-Tanahabang commuter line route as an empirical case study. Revealed Preference techniques and binomial logit model are used in this study as tools for data collection and processing. We found that with the operation Serpong-Tanahabang commuter line route thas a negative impact on private vehicle demand because a big number of passengers preferred commuter line over private vehicle service because fast travel time and less travel cost.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - A.Y Nurhidayat AU - H Widyastuti AU - Sucipto Sucipto AU - D.P Utomo PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - MODEL OF TRANSPORTATION MODE SELECTION BETWEEN PRIVATE VEHICLE AND SERPONG-TANAHABANG COMMUTER LINE BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.21 ID - Nurhidayat2017/11 ER -