THE ACCESSIBILITY OF TRANSPORTATION TO SUPPORT TOURISM IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MENTAWAI ISLANDS
- Lut Mafrudoh, Simon Gultom, Sekar Widyastuti Pratiwi, Prima Widiyanto
- Corresponding Author
- Lut Mafrudoh
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.22How to use a DOI?
- Accessibility, Transportation, and Tourism
- The Municipality of Mentawai Islands is the only regency in West Sumatra Province in a form of islands which has different regional characteristics with other cities and regencies in the province. It consists of a small and large group of 99 islands surrounded by the Indian Ocean. The distance between the Municipality of Mentawai Islands and the provincial capital of Padang is about 62 nautical miles. Sea and air transports become main transportation. However, sea transport is often used rather than air transport. The only route of air transport is from Rokot to Padang and otherwise using small plane (Susi Air). Based on the results of the research, the transportation costs to experience the significant resources of Mentawai Islands with its natural scenery and underwater beauty is expensive due to the inadequate of transportation accessibility.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lut Mafrudoh AU - Simon Gultom AU - Sekar Widyastuti Pratiwi AU - Prima Widiyanto PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - THE ACCESSIBILITY OF TRANSPORTATION TO SUPPORT TOURISM IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MENTAWAI ISLANDS BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.22 ID - Mafrudoh2017/11 ER -