CASE STUDY: AIRCRAFT PASSENGER'S MOTIVE THAT POTENTIALLY THREATEN THE FLIGHT SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Erwansyah Sjarief, Arini Syahradzi
- Corresponding Author
- Erwansyah Sjarief
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.23How to use a DOI?
- motives, passengers, flight safety and security
- To date, human error in the world of flight is more associated to flight personnel, both aircrew and ground crew. However, in recent years, aircraft passengers could also be the cause of the plane crash or accident. There are various motives, such as dangerous actions taken by passengers, that might lead to the occurrence of aircraft accidents. In Indonesia, the same situation occurs, where there are also many passenger behavior that potentially threaten the aviation safety and security, but not to the occurrence of aircraft accidents. The dangerous actions carried out by passengers is not based on criminal or terror motives, but it is still required to watch out for. This research is a descriptive qualitative research with case study approach. Data were collected from various sources such as from the law / acts and news in the mass media. To test the validity of the data and to find the objective truth, the researcher conducted a triangulation of the data source.This study concludes that the dangerous action carried out by passengers which could threaten the flight safety and security is due to their limited knowledge and understanding of the rules of legislation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erwansyah Sjarief AU - Arini Syahradzi PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - CASE STUDY: AIRCRAFT PASSENGER'S MOTIVE THAT POTENTIALLY THREATEN THE FLIGHT SAFETY AND SECURITY BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.23 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.23 ID - Sjarief2017/11 ER -