APPLYING APPLICATION-BASED NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION (NFC) PAYMENT SYSTEM FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN INDONESIA (CASE STUDY OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN JAKARTA)
- Nabila Nabila, Meilin Debora C. Hutauruk, Abdullah Ade Suryobuwono
- Corresponding Author
- Nabila Nabila
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.39How to use a DOI?
- Payment System, Ticketing, Near Field Communication (NFC), Public Transportation
- Nowadays, a massive transportation payment system in DKI Jakarta is yet able to help the movement of public transportation easily and quickly. Card, as a payment device, is expected to be able to make people use public transportation instead of personal vehicle. However, the result is not as expected for until recently, this card hasn't reduced the difficulty of payment process. So, there are still a lot of people prefer to use personal vehicle. NFC is suggested as an application based system which can help people in ticket buying process and can identify the passenger in the public transportation. When NFC is used, it will automatically reduce the passenger's balance in accordance with the distance tariff that has been determined by the transportation company. In addition, a passenger can directly get the information of mode of transport. In this research, the authors conduct a qualitative study in which the data is obtained through literary review, interview method, and observation. The results of this research are; (1.) NFC System gives the easiness and comfort for the people in using public transportation; (2.) Some advanced countries that have applied NFC System are successful on helping the people in transportation activity; and (3.) NFC System makes a more simple payment transaction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nabila Nabila AU - Meilin Debora C. Hutauruk AU - Abdullah Ade Suryobuwono PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - APPLYING APPLICATION-BASED NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION (NFC) PAYMENT SYSTEM FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN INDONESIA (CASE STUDY OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN JAKARTA) BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.39 ID - Nabila2017/11 ER -