CONTAINER TERMINAL OPERATIONS TRANSFORMATION
- Andina Azka, Aandarwati Aandarwati, David P. Sirait
- Corresponding Author
- Andina Azka
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.55How to use a DOI?
- transformation, terminal container, modern, service and system
- Container terminal operation is one of the important things to support the activities in port. But there are many problems in container terminal operation, such as lack of information, traffic, truck, waiting time, berthing window, inaccessibility of operator, slow terminal performance, etc. All these problems can give significant impacts for the business in many ways and the major impacts are high cost, improper services, and the main problem is losing customer. The purpose of this research is studying about container terminal operation's transformation as modern services at terminal operation 3 port of Tanjung Priok. Researchers retrieved the data with the direct field observation and intending to observe how the transformation of container terminal operation without system or traditional into container terminal using modern and service-oriented system. Transformation was resulting a benefit for container terminal operations such as reliable service time, clear roles, PIC and real instructions, and increase productivity. With the qualitative analysis, researcher can describe this object.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Andina Azka AU - Aandarwati Aandarwati AU - David P. Sirait PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - CONTAINER TERMINAL OPERATIONS TRANSFORMATION BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.55 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.55 ID - Azka2017/11 ER -