Applying a MAX-MIN Ant System with a Dynamic Roulette Wheel Strategy to Software Release Planning
- Qing Huang Yu, Wen Chiang Chuan, Hsu Huang Cheng
- Corresponding Author
- Qing Huang Yu
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.107How to use a DOI?
- software release planning (SRP), ant colony optimization (ACO), MAX-MIN Ant System (MMAS).
- In this study, the software releasing planning (SRP) problem resulted from incremental software development is considered. Software releasing planning has been proven to be a NP-complete problem. Owing to the intractable nature of the problem, a heuristic approach based on ant colony optimization (ACO) can be applied to obtain satisfactory suboptimal solutions within a reasonable amount of computational cost. However, most realistic ACO-based approaches for software releasing planning still remain to be improved. A novel ant-inspired search algorithm is therefore proposed. The proposed algorithm, namely MMASDRW-SRP, adopts a dynamic roulette wheel strategy for giving a sophisticated balance between intensification and diversification, thereby improving the quality of solutions obtained. The performance of MMASDRW-SRP is demonstrated by comparing it against conventional ACO-based approaches. Experimental results indicate that the proposed MMASDRW-SRP algorithm performs significantly better than the competitive approaches.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qing Huang Yu AU - Wen Chiang Chuan AU - Hsu Huang Cheng PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Applying a MAX-MIN Ant System with a Dynamic Roulette Wheel Strategy to Software Release Planning BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.107 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.107 ID - Yu2013/08 ER -