On the MAP-Level Delay Reduction of Turbo Decoding
- Ting Lin1 Sun, Sheu Lin Shou, Wen Chiang Chuan
- Corresponding Author
- Ting Lin1 Sun
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.106How to use a DOI?
- Turbo Decoding, Delay Reduction, MAP.
- A time-offset scheme for the shuffled turbo decoding is proposed. The decoding latency of the proposed scheme is shorter than the serial turbo decoding by offsetting the decoding timing of two component decoders. Meanwhile, its BER performance is better than the shuffled turbo decoding. We found that the effective extrinsic information is the key for the BER performance. Simulation results show that our scheme can flexibly balance the decoding latency and BER performance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ting Lin1 Sun AU - Sheu Lin Shou AU - Wen Chiang Chuan PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - On the MAP-Level Delay Reduction of Turbo Decoding BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.106 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.106 ID - Sun2013/08 ER -