Noise Optimization of Low Power CMOS Charge Amplifier Using Simulation Environment of EldoTM
- Shahzad Naseem, Saira Riaz, M. Altaf Hussain, M. Ghayas-Udin
- Corresponding Author
- Shahzad Naseem
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.123How to use a DOI?
- CMOS, mentor graphics, EldoTM, low power
- A CMOS charge amplifier, due to its very low power consumption and good noise performance, has great interest for analog signal processing in the fields of particle physics, nuclear physics and x- or beta-ray detection. The simulation environment of EldoTM using AMI05 (American Microsystems Inc.) technology provided by Mentor Graphics Corporation is used for noise optimization of a low power CMOS charge amplifier. Using simulation tools we have designed and simulated the output of the charge amplifier and have calculated the power consumption, band width, gain and Equivalent Noise Charge (ENC) of the circuit. We have also studied the factors on which noise of amplifier depends. This has resulted in a noise performance of ENC = 116 electrons at 0 pF detector capacitance with a power consumption of 80µW per channel. Due to its very low noise and low power consumption, this kind of new charge amplifier can be widely used in research in the fields of Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics and X-ray detection.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shahzad Naseem AU - Saira Riaz AU - M. Altaf Hussain AU - M. Ghayas-Udin PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Noise Optimization of Low Power CMOS Charge Amplifier Using Simulation Environment of EldoTM BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.123 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.123 ID - Naseem2013/08 ER -