Effect of Mn-doping Concentration on the Structural & Magnetic Properties of Sol-Gel Deposited ZnO Diluted Magnetic Semiconductor
- Saira Riaz, Mehwish Bashir, Syed S. Hussain, Shahzad Naseem
- Corresponding Author
- Saira Riaz
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.126How to use a DOI?
- Sol-gel, ZnO, Mn, Diluted magnetic semiconductor
- Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors (DMS) are gaining interest at a very fast pace due to the possibility of their integration with the current semiconductor technology. This research includes preparation and characterization of Mn doped ZnO thin films. Films are prepared through Sol - Gel spinning method. The Sol – Gel technique used is the standard one in which solutions are mixed and spun onto the glass substrate. Different samples of Zn1-xMnxO are prepared where x varies from 0 to 0.25. Composition of all the samples is measured by using ICP spectrometer. XRD is used to study all the films structurally. XRD results show polycrystalline nature of all Mn-doped ZnO thin films. Increment in full width at half maximum (FWHM) is observed by increasing the Mn content in ZnO films indicating smaller grain size of thin films. SEM results are also in agreement with the XRD patterns. Nano-rods with diameter ~100 nm in Mn:ZnO thin films were observed. Mn:ZnO nano-tweezers have been observed for the first time with the feature size as low as 25nm. Magnetic properties are measured using VSM at room temperature. Higher magnetization values and lower shape anisotropy is observed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Saira Riaz AU - Mehwish Bashir AU - Syed S. Hussain AU - Shahzad Naseem PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Effect of Mn-doping Concentration on the Structural & Magnetic Properties of Sol-Gel Deposited ZnO Diluted Magnetic Semiconductor BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.126 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.126 ID - Riaz2013/08 ER -