Preparation and Characterization of Electrodeposited Aluminum Oxide Thin Films
- Farzana Majid, Saira Riaz, Muhammad I. Akram, Shahid Atiq, Shahzad Naseem
- Corresponding Author
- Farzana Majid
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.127How to use a DOI?
- Aluminum oxide, Electrodeposition, XRD, SEM, grain size.
- Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3) deposition is being sought for application in space / aerospace as a barrier coating. Al2O3 not only changes the mechanical properties of the aluminum based alloys, it acts as a barrier for harmful radiations. Ionizing radiations are harmful to electronic components, which runaway due to extra charge carriers being produced, used in the space vehicles. We are employing electro-deposition along with sol-gel deposition in order to produce these coatings. Both of the techniques are simple, cheap and scalable. The prepared films are characterized by Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) and X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) for their structural / microstructural properties. In this paper, these properties are correlated to the deposition conditions in order to optimize the conditions for the applications mentioned above. The initial results being presented here are very encouraging regarding the smoothness of the films and the grain / particle size achieved so far.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Farzana Majid AU - Saira Riaz AU - Muhammad I. Akram AU - Shahid Atiq AU - Shahzad Naseem PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Preparation and Characterization of Electrodeposited Aluminum Oxide Thin Films BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.127 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.127 ID - Majid2013/08 ER -