A simple time domain collocation method for solving the van der Pol oscillator
- Fei Han, Ming Li, Shijie Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Fei Han
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.3How to use a DOI?
- Time domain collocation method; high dimensional harmonic balance method; period solution; van der Pol equation; limit cycle.
- In this paper, the time domain collocation method (TDC) is applied to solve the van der Pol equation. The results obtained by the TDC are compared with the results by the traditional harmonic balance method (HB) and high dimensional harmonic balance method (HDHB). For the extended TDC method, appropriately increasing the number of collocation points can significantly relive the nonphysical solution phenomenon and generate a better solution. Compared with the HDHB, the TDC method is derived more strictly, and more convenient to implement. Numerical results verify the simplicity, accuracy and efficiency of the present TDC method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fei Han AU - Ming Li AU - Shijie Zhang PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - A simple time domain collocation method for solving the van der Pol oscillator BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.3 ID - Han2015/10 ER -