Extracting Faint Signals Behind Bright Sources From CLASH Imaging Using Fourier Analysis
- Yao Li, Ding-Peng Li, Feng-Jie Lei, Feng-Shan Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Yao Li
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.105How to use a DOI?
- CLASH, Image processing, Intra-cluster light, Fourier expansion
- With the combination of deep Hubble Space Telescope Imaging and magnification due to gravitational lensing, the CLASH program offers an unprecedented opportunity to search for supernovae at high redshifts and detect some of the most distant galaxies as well. Unfortunately, the cluster field suffers from a high abundance of bright foreground sources and high background due to intra-cluster light. To overcome these difficulties, we have developed a method of modeling and subtracting bright foreground light in the clusters using Fourier analysis. In this paper, I will present preliminary results based our method, which significantly increases the effective depth of the images, and efficiently characterizes distant background signals in the clusters.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yao Li AU - Ding-Peng Li AU - Feng-Jie Lei AU - Feng-Shan Liu PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Extracting Faint Signals Behind Bright Sources From CLASH Imaging Using Fourier Analysis BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.105 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.105 ID - Li2015/10 ER -