Influence of diameter of quartz raw material on the quality of fused quartz product
- W.H. Zhou, S.G. Zhu, X.Z. Liu, H.L. Zhang, Z. Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- W.H. Zhou
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.167How to use a DOI?
- quartz, diameter, fusion, purity
- The traditional quartz processing industry is characterized by high energy consumption and low purity of product. To save energy and purify the product by a new type of furnace, it is necessary to find the best diameter range of raw material sent in. In order to study the influence of the diameter of quartz raw material on the purity of product, this paper compares 3 kinds of diameter range of quartz which are 0.3-0.45mm, 5-7mm and 10-30mm by heating and melting the raw material and observing the product. Finally, a conclusion that the highest purity of product will be reached when the diameter is between 5-7mm is drawn.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - W.H. Zhou AU - S.G. Zhu AU - X.Z. Liu AU - H.L. Zhang AU - Z. Zhao PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Influence of diameter of quartz raw material on the quality of fused quartz product BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.167 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.167 ID - Zhou2015/10 ER -