Experimental study on mechanical properties of FRP components and comparison of steel properties
- Liang Yu, Yan Li, Lu Chen, Chaoyi Kang, Tianyi Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Liang Yu
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.317How to use a DOI?
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP); Tensile Strength; Compressive Strength; Elastic Modulus
- In order to study the applicability of the Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) composite materials for light structure, a tensile compression test of a large number of FRP samples was carried out. Through statistically analysis of test data, we get the FRP’s basic mechanical parameters like tensile strength, elongation, elastic modulus and we get the stress-strain curves. Compared with steel material properties, the tensile strength of the FRP is close to steel, but the elastic modulus is lower than steel’s elastic modulus.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Liang Yu AU - Yan Li AU - Lu Chen AU - Chaoyi Kang AU - Tianyi Zhang PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Experimental study on mechanical properties of FRP components and comparison of steel properties BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.317 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.317 ID - Yu2015/10 ER -