Structural Analysis and Display of Handwritten Mathematical Formula Based on Ternary Tree
- Peng Han, Longcan Hu, Aijun Fan
- Corresponding Author
- Peng Han
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.8How to use a DOI?
- Handwritten mathematical formula, Structural analysis, Ternary tree, MathML.
- Due to arbitrariness of handwritten mathematical formula, it is difficult to do the structural analysis and displaying automatically. In this paper, an improved algorithm of generating ternary tree is proposed to solve the limitation. Firstly, a ternary tree of character sequence in handwritten mathematical formula is generated according to rule of first-in and first-out. Then the ternary tree is translated into MathML by preorder traversal algorithm, and finally handwritten mathematical formula is displayed on the web browser. Compared to the traditional binary tree, the ternary tree can show the hierarchical structure of mathematical formula better, and can also analyze structure of complicated formula well. Meanwhile, the ternary tree contains high sense of portability, which can be applied to chemical and physical formula etc.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Peng Han AU - Longcan Hu AU - Aijun Fan PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Structural Analysis and Display of Handwritten Mathematical Formula Based on Ternary Tree BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.8 ID - Han2013/08 ER -